Finally, the first public beta of WordPress 2.7 had been released today. Thousands of bloggers in the world, mostly loyal WordPress-users, are downloading this right now including me. We all know that this is still a beta version, which means not totally 100% or stable. Wrong! Because this version is already stable and 100% working. The developers needs a little more time to finish the visual design, do around of user testing against the finished design, and do a proper round of public beta testing before releasing the final 2.7 by end of this month.
WordPress 2.7 Key Features
- New Dashboard Style – New look and user-friendly interface design of dashboard. Organized and easily manage your blog.
- New SidePanels – If you’re a fan of Lighter Menus plugin then this stuff is for you. Easily access setting tabs in less than a second.
- Draggable Dividers – Move it here, move it there. Drag these dividers anywhere you like, makes you more professional and confortable.
Continue reading WordPress 2.7 Quick Review
As of October 28, 2008 – 1540H local time, I opened Google Chrome to view the output of changes I made on my website (because I was updating some of its content) and I was stunned when I saw the results. It was kind of computer special characters or ascii code or something like when you open an application (.exe) program using Notepad. So I refreshed my browser about three times and it still showing the same result and I don’t have any idea what’s going on. I have tried viewing my website using Firefox and IE but everything’s are normal. I continue refreshing the page on Google Chrome but nothing happens. I tried other website address like Yahoo! and Too Much Few but they seems to be normal. I was wondering if I did something wrong with my website’s code but the only last thing I did, I removed “Pages” sidebar because I don’t like the output. Duh! Is it a big deal? or is it Google Chrome’s mystery bug?
Continue reading here..
Free cPanel Web Hosting w/ PHP5/MySQL – No Ads!
1500 MB Disk Space, 100 GB Data Transfer
We have enough room for your website, emails and databases. All our servers are also connected to dedicated 10mbps internet lines, so we can give you 100 GB data transfer absolutely free.
PHP with MySQL Database Support
Unlike other free webhosts we do support PHP and MySQL with no restrictions. You get full access to the latest version of PHP and MySQL. The following PHP features are fully supported:
- PHP mail() function and Sendmail
- Curl, GD2 library, ImageMagick, Zend
- fopen() and PHP sockets
- safe_mode is OFF, file uploads ON
- Zend Optimizer support, Ioncube loader.. and much more features are enabled
Continue reading 000webhost.com – 1500 MB Disk Space, 100 GB Data Transfer